About this course
The LLB (Bachelor of Laws) degree is an internationally recognised and valued qualification. This course gives you an excellent grounding in aspects of law relevant to the additional study and training that must be completed to pursue a career as a solicitor. It also covers elements of the academic training needed to become a barrister.
Our Law degree can also open doors to a wide range of legal careers, thanks to our focus on giving you an all-round legal education.
We keep our class sizes much smaller than other universities, allowing us to give you high levels of personal student support.
We’re also one of only a few UK universities to include professional work placements with every undergraduate degree, so you’ll graduate with professional experience without having to take a sandwich year.
In addition to the professional placements, we offer opportunities for pro bono activity so you can build an invaluable portfolio of legal experience during your studies.
In your final year, you can explore specialist areas of the law such as Company Law, Family Law or Employment Law. You can also study a selection of non-law option subjects offering the opportunity for you to expand your law study into areas such as Business; Journalism; Children, Young People and Families; Criminology and Sociology; and Politics.
What’s more, Leeds is a rapidly growing legal centre, making it the perfect place to start your legal career.
Why study with us?
- Start your journey to becoming a solicitor or barrister with a LLB Law degree.
- Open the door to a career in a wide range of legal services or related professions.
- Get invaluable professional experience in the legal sector with professional placements and pro bono opportunities.
- Learn in small groups, accessing a wide range of personal student support.
- Learn from a dedicated group of staff who are research active and who share their experiences in private practice.