About this course
During your Foundation Year, you will undertake modules to enable you to enhance your academic skills and equip you with the tools you’ll need to study with confidence. You’ll carry out a personal project so you can study an area of interest related to your chosen future subject specialisation.
You’ll study the principles of coding, learning and applying these skills to create simple apps. You’ll study web-development and produce code for a website and will explore social media integration, data capture and cyber security.
Following successful completion of your Foundation Year, you’ll progress onto Year 1 of our Computer Science BSc (Hons) degree.
You’ll work on real-world projects set by employers with the opportunity to specialise in some of the most exciting areas of technology such as artificial intelligence, cyber security and software engineering.
Don’t know your Python from your Java? No problem. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to design, develop, test and launch new products, as well as the soft skills tech employers need for you to be part of a flexible and dynamic team.
Tech employers are involved in every aspect of the degree, from inputting into the modules you’ll study, to setting some of the projects you’ll work on. You’ll meet them through coordinated tech events when they’ll deliver guest lectures, and you’ll work with them during the professional work placements included in your degree.
By the time you graduate, you’ll have had the opportunity to develop the skills that employers want, as well as the connections and experience to stand out in the digital jobs market.
Why study with us?
- Build your self-confidence, academic skills and core subject knowledge in preparation for progression onto degree-level study.
- Develop the skills employers want now. We designed this degree in partnership with leading employers in the tech sector.
- Gain extensive tech experience. You’ll complete professional work placements and work on real-world tech projects set by employers.
- Get ahead in the graduate jobs market. You’ll make valuable connections with digital employers at every stage of your degree.
- Increase your earning potential. Graduate roles in the digital sector often have relatively high starting salaries.
This course is accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT (link opens in a new window/tab) for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional.
This course is accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT on behalf of the Engineering Council (link opens in a new window/tab) for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for Incorporated Engineer and partially meeting the academic requirement for a Chartered Engineer.