UCAS tariff points
Marketing is a fundamental part of today's complex business environment. Almost every aspect of the world around us is branded, packaged and marketed for media-savvy consumers.
On this course you’ll learn how to cut through the noise and reach these consumers, developing the essential toolkit needed for success in today’s business and marketing environment.
Get a course guide
For more information on this course and similar courses, order a copy of our latest course guide.
Book your place on a Campus Tour and get a feel for life at Leeds Trinity.
Ask a question
If you've got a question about this course, why not ask our academics and get the answers you need?
About this course
We’ll give you a good grounding in the fundamental principles of business and marketing, teaching you how to conduct market audits, identify your target market and carry out competitor analysis. You’ll study the marketing communications mix and devise strategies for communications campaigns and product launches, as well as learn how the legal system affects businesses.
Rapid advances in technology have completely transformed the way businesses operate, so you’ll explore the impact of technology on business models and practices and look at new digital strategies for reaching audiences.
Keeping you at the forefront of the latest developments in business and marketing, we’ll bring theory to life through the use of current case studies and real-life examples. You’ll develop the key analytical and research skills sought after by employers, as well as crucial soft skills such as collaboration and how to present effectively.
We’ll also give you lots of opportunities to develop your professional networks throughout the degree, thanks to our regular programme of expert guest speakers and a year-long Professional Learning through Work module which involves working on a live business or marketing project with an employer.
Why study with us?
- Develop your professional portfolio. You’ll have the chance to gain a strong mix of academic skills and professional work experience, preparing you for a successful career.
- Learn from the experts. Our lecturers are experienced business and marketing practitioners who’ll help you relate theory to the real world.
- Take the lead. You’ll have the opportunity to lead on a work-based research project, giving you valuable leadership and research experience.
This course is accredited by the leading professional marketing body, The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). This offers students the opportunity to gain exemptions on modules of CIM qualifications, reducing the number of module assessments taken to one or two instead of three. Further details can be found via the CIM website (link opens in a new window/tab).
You will study a variety of modules across your programme of study. The module details given below are subject to change and are the latest example of the curriculum available on this course of study.
Modules by Year
Core modules (students are required to take):
- Principles and Applications of Macroeconomics
- Management & Organisational Behaviour
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Operations Management
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Ethics, Society and Employability
- Integrated Assessment
Core modules (students are required to take):
- Professional Development & Placement
- Financial Management
- Legal Issues for Management
- Marketing Communications
- Business Research
- Services Marketing
Core modules (students are required to take):
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business & Management Strategy
- e-business and e-marketing
Students are also required to choose one option module from:
- Research Project*
- Professional Learning Through Work
And two option modules from:
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity
- Project Management
- International Marketing
- Financial Reporting
*There are pre-requisites for these modules
Learning and Teaching
At Leeds Trinity we aim to provide an excellent student experience and provide you with the tools and support to help you achieve your academic, personal and professional potential.
Our Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy delivers excellence by providing the framework for:
- high quality teaching
- an engaging and inclusive approach to learning, assessment and achievement
- a clear structure through which you progress in your academic studies, your personal development and towards professional-level employment or further study.
We have a strong reputation for developing student employability, supporting your development towards graduate employment, with relevant skills embedded throughout your programme of study.
We endeavour to develop curiosity, confidence, courage, ambition and aspiration in all students through the key themes in our Learning and Teaching Strategy:
- Student Involvement and Engagement
- Integrated Programme and Assessment Experience
- Digital Literacy and Skills
- Employability and Enterprise
To help you achieve your potential we emphasise learning as a collaborative process, with a range of student-led and real-world activities. This approach ensures that you fully engage in shaping your own learning, developing your critical thinking and reflective skills so that you can identify your own strengths and weaknesses, and use the extensive learning support system we offer to shape your own development.
We believe the secret to great learning and teaching is simple: it is about creating an inclusive learning experience that allows all students to thrive through:
- Personalised support
- Expert lecturers
- Strong connections with employers
- An international outlook
- Understanding how to use tools and technology to support learning and development
Your time on campus, learning through in-person teaching, is at the heart of your academic experience and the way we deliver our programmes. This is supported and further enhanced by additional engagement activities and opportunities provided online and through digital teaching materials. This blended approach seeks to ensure a positive learning and teaching student experience.
Your programme of study has been carefully designed around a three-phase model of delivery:
- Preparation: You will be given clear tasks to support you in preparing for live teaching. This could include watching a short-pre-recorded lecture, reading a paper or text chapter or preparing other material for use in class.
- Live: All your live teaching will be designed around active learning, providing you with valuable opportunities to build on preparation tasks, interact with staff and peers, and surface any misunderstandings.
- Post: Follow-up activities will include opportunities for you to check understanding, for staff to receive feedback from you and your peers to inform subsequent sessions, and for you to apply learning to new situations or context.
Preparation, Live and Post teaching and learning and the digital materials used will vary by course, but will be designed to help you structure your learning, take a full and active part in your course, and apply and test your developing knowledge and skills.
A variety of assessment methods are used, matched to the learning outcomes for your programme, allowing you to apply and demonstrate the full range of knowledge and skills that you have developed.
For more details on specific assessment methods for this course contact email@example.com
Leeds Trinity University is committed to recruiting students with talent and potential and who we feel will benefit greatly from their academic and non-academic experiences here. We treat every application on its own merits; we value highly the experience you illustrate in your personal statement.
The following information is designed to give you a general overview of the qualifications we accept. If you are taking qualifications that are not included below, including the recently introduced T Levels, please contact our Admissions Office who will be happy to advise you.
|GCSE requirements||Grade C or above/grade 4 or higher in English Language and Maths.|
|Typical A Level offer||BBC|
Fees and Funding
UK Home Students:
Tuition fees cost £9,250 a year for this course in 2022/2023.
Part-time tuition fees will be prorated accordingly to the number of credits you're studying.
Depending on government policy, tuition fees may rise with inflation in future years.
Tuition fees for 2023/24 entry will be set in summer 2022.
Living costs, e.g. accommodation, travel, food, will also need to be taken into consideration.
Leeds Trinity offers a range of bursaries and scholarships to help support students while you study.
International Students, including EU Students:
Visit our webpage for international students.
Part-time study is not available for international students on a Student Route Visa.
We advise students that there may be additional course costs in addition to annual tuition fees:
- Recommended and required reading lists will be provided at the start of your course. All the books and e-books are available from our Library to borrow but you may choose to purchase your own.
- On some courses there may be additional costs, such as field trips, equipment, accreditations, that may be part-funded by the University. More details will be provided at the start of the course.
- You'll need to include placement/s travel and associated costs too, however the University will contribute a standard amount towards your total expenditure.
- The University provides students with a £6 printing credit each academic year which can be topped up either on campus or online.
How to apply
For full-time undergraduate courses, you apply through UCAS. That's the University and Colleges Admissions Service.
On your application form, you'll need to know our institution code - it's L24 - and the course code. If you click through to the UCAS website using the button below, it'll take you to the right place with all the information you need.
You can now submit your application for courses starting in September 2022. Your application should be submitted to UCAS by 26 January 2022.
If you require a Student Route Visa in order to study in the UK, then you must meet all the conditions of your offer and present all supporting documentation required for the visa application no later than Friday 29 July 2022
You'll also need to write a personal statement - we've prepared a guide to help you.
There's lots more information about the application process on the UCAS website, or you can get in touch with our admissions team who will be happy to help:
Chat with our students
Do you want to find out more about studying at Leeds Trinity University?
Ask our Student Ambassadors about what it’s like to be part of the Leeds Trinity University community, chat to them about your course of interest and hear more about their Leeds Trinity University student experience.
with our ambassadors now to find out more.Chat with our students
You’ll gain relevant work experience through your professional placements. Recent students have completed placements at Leeds-based digital company twentysix, Jet2, Marie Curie, Morrisons, Arc Inspirations, Halifax Town FC and Think Pacific.
You’ll be well-qualified to join our graduates who work in marketing, web development and account management roles in a wide variety of organisations. You could also continue on to postgraduate study and specialise in the areas of business and marketing that interest you the most.
What is Discover Uni?
Discover Uni is the official, authoritative source of information and guidance on higher education in the UK. The website allows you to search for and compare data and information on university and college programmes from across the UK.
It helps you make sense of all the information out there by linking to other quality resources and explaining what they can find where. It also allows you to search for and compare information and data for individual undergraduate courses across the UK.