The Year 12 Summer School is our widening participation programme for young people who have the talent and drive to go to university, but who may need additional support with the application process and understanding of what is possible for them at university and beyond.
How does the Year 12 Summer School work?
If a student is eligible for the Year 12 Summer School and are offered a place, they’ll get a taste of what the university experience is like for their subject of interest.
There will also be social activities on our campus, support with their UCAS application, as well as the chance to stay in one of our halls of residence.
Not only this but they will also meet current students studying at Leeds Trinity.
Who is eligible?
In order to be eligible for the Leeds Trinity Reward Scheme students must intend to apply to university for 2023 entry and meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Be the first person in their family to go to university.
- Their studies have been disrupted by circumstances in their personal or domestic life.
- They are or have been looked after in Public Care.
- They have a disability, long-standing medical condition, a learning difficulty or mental health issue.
- They are a carer for a parent/guardian or sibling.
- They attend a school achieving below the national average at GCSE (Attainment 8 score). To find out if your school qualifies under these criteria check the school’s Attainment 8 score on the UK Government website.
- Live in a geographical area with low levels of progression on to higher education. Check eligibility using the Office for Students online postcode checker. Only POLAR 4 young participation quintile 1-2 are eligible.
Our previous attendees say...
"I was so nervous, shy and scared about the week before coming, but I can honestly say that this is the best week I have ever had! I've made some friends for life."
Find out more
If you have any questions, or would like to find out more about the Year 12 Summer School, please contact the School and College Engagement team on 0113 283 7186 or email: SCLHello@leedstrinity.ac.uk.